Monday, June 13, 2011

Arrrrghhh....the TITLE saga continues......

Well, now.  Thought everything was all clear for the title.  EVIDENTLY not.  I went to the DMV on Thursday of last week and I should have known something was wrong.  There was no line!!  So, I walked right up to the counter and gave the lady my documents, told her I needed to title a camper, I had a bond, and the license and theft inspector had already signed off on it.

So, she looked at my documents, asked me for my license, and I thought we were all set.  NOPE.  The bond and my license have to state the same name.  EXACTLY the same.  My license has my full name, and the bond had my middle name abbreviated as an initial.  Oh, and to top it off, the bond also misspelled my last name, putting an "i" instead of an "l" in it.  ARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. 

I was almost in tears.  I think the DMV lady took pity on me, because she gave me a card for someone who does indemnity bonds locally.  I called them and found out that they do a LOT of them.  And they do them on the spot, no waiting for weeks to get them.  Ugh.

I called the person who underwrote my bond, told him the problem, and he asked me to send him the corrected information via email.  Now to wait for the corrected bond to arrive.  What a PITA.

No comments:

Post a Comment